Hurray! I Can Walk

Sunday, August 31, 2014
I went to the doctor this past Friday and my bone is 90% healed which means I can walk on my heal in my torture chamber of a bootcast. The doctor told my husband to take my crutches away this time so I have to put weight on my heal. This helps the bone continue to heal.
I was terrified and it took all my strength to trust that my bone would not break and put weight on my heal. So far so good. I do have swelling that occurs and I simply elevate my foot for at least an hour. I try not to overdue it. My tendons are so sore from lack of use. I wake up and they are so stiff I have to message them to get my ankle to bend. Its exhausting! 
I will go back to the doctor in about 12 days and then I get to get rid of the bootcast! Yay! So happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment