Past & Present

Sunday, June 15, 2014
This morning I am up early. Everyone else is asleep. Too much time to think is not always a good thing. My mind is bringing up past hurts, betrayals. The past comes into my present and creates hurt as if it happened yesterday.
I take this as a sign that I have not dealt with the past and fully let it go. I think working on being the best I can be in my present and future is the only way I am going to feel strong enough to let go.
What once was is no more.
Insecurities work on my self esteem and tear at it with unrelenting vigor. Yet I know that they stem from my own poor opinion of myself. That stems from a belief that if I was prettier, better, or good enough I would not have been betrayed. Not true.
Each person has their own path, choices, lessons to learn on this earth and we do this through experiences we choose to have. We cannot control what someone else does or is going to do. The people in our lives are our co-creators. Be gentle with the choices you make because they effect everyone around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment