Recovering

Tuesday, June 10, 2014
I am now 5 days out of surgery and am finally just getting up and around. My family has been wonderful throughout this ordeal. I am getting pretty good on crutches but it is tiring. Its very apparent how I took my mobility for granted. When you suddenly cannot do 90% of the things you used to life gets pretty unbearable so now I am forcing myself to get up and do the little things I can do. This helps me to not focus on my foot so much which was driving me crazy.
As part of the treatment I was prescribed a pain killer which I made me so sick I couldn't hold anything down. So on the third day I took myself off the pain meds and I luckily the pain was over. It did not return, what a relief!!
Now I cant wait to get this partial cast off. Its heavy and makes getting around even more difficult. I wont be getting it off for another two weeks and three days. They will also remove my stitches at this time.
Well until then I will be watching television and trying to find productive ways to pass the time. Letting the dogs out, cleaning the kitchen counters, daily shower, fixing my breakfast and lunch, ect. How will I survive such excitement?

No comments:

Post a Comment