Stormy Morning

Thursday, June 12, 2014
Today I was awakened to crashes and flashes of thunder and lightening. The thought of getting caught in a tornado scared me since I am on crutches due to my surgery. If I had to hurry and get into a closet that would be a fail on the hurry part. I feel like a sloth slowly and sluggishly humping along. Fortunately for me the storm has passed and I am left with the awe of how beautiful this world is. There are grey clouds mixed with billowing white clouds blowing by in the wind. As I watch I see vultures riding the wind currents and imagine how that must feel.
I am struck by the thought that whatever we focus on becomes our reality. I then take a look at my life and try to find applicable instances and the realization flood gates are open. I see instances or moments in time where I could have applied myself so much more and still can. So I am learning from my past to be better in my future. Another thought appears and says, we are limited beings and we cannot see everything happening all at once so give yourself a break. Don't stay in the muck of regret but step out onto the stage of new possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment