Fall Is Here, Here Comes Halloween!

Sunday, September 14, 2014




As a child Halloween always seemed to officially start with the class coloring contest of the spooky Halloween picture. I never did win but I loved the feeling of anticipating trick or treating and dressing up in a costume.
Trick or treating was especially sweet if I got to go with a friend from school. I loved seeing everyone dressed up and who had the best costume. Since I am from a small town everyone knew everyone and there was plenty of places to trick or treat.
 Halloween just would not be Halloween without a popcorn ball or two. My older siblings were pros at trading candy with me and as I got older I learned not to trade the candy I liked just to get on their good side. Then came where to hide my candy since they finished theirs first and would then raid mine. How many of you can relate to that?
As Halloween draws near I hope that parents are thinking about safety. Today is a different world than when I was a kid. Please remember to check your child's candy and never allow your kids to go trick or treating without an adult. I hope you all have a candy prosperous and happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment