Busy Day&Sad News

Monday, May 19, 2014
Today was such a busy day. I had couple of doctor appointments and errands. My phone has not stopped ringing and this is the first moment of peace I have had all day. OMG!
Anyways I got some sad news. I asked my podiatrist if Obamacare was going to effect him. He told me that yes as a matter of fact he will be out of business in probably two years. Insurance companies wont cover certain procedures and paying out of pocket is not an option for most people.
I found this very sad. He is such a good doctor.
I then commented that if doctors keep leaving the medical field we are going to have a huge shortage and that it takes time for a doctor to go to school ect. He told me that some medical schools are changing the GPA requirements. Instead of needing at lease a 3.5 they are now accepting 3.3.
Things are changing with Obamacare. Listening to the doctor I was left feeling helpless. I feel bad that he will have to find something else to do when he is already doing what he loves to do.
How many more doctors out there will also loose their livelihood? 

No comments:

Post a Comment