School Ending And Summer Starting

Thursday, May 22, 2014
I am happy that school is almost out summer. I have anxiety about my daughter getting a summer job. I guess the thought of her going into the adult world without me is new. She has to grow up, I know.  I guess my own experiences have to do with my anxiety, but I have to remember that just because I had a bad experience with a supervisor does not mean that she will.
When I was about 17 I had a supervisor make a pass at me.  He had to have been at least 27-30 years of age with a wife and two kids. I knew that he was upset cause he had recently found out his wife was having an affair, but that was no excuse for his behavior. I reported him and because of his horrible reaction he was let go. That was a long time ago, time to let go of that memory.
I will do my best to see that when it is time for her to get a summer job she gets one where there are responsible people who are accountable for each other. Maybe I will wait one more year before I let her get a summer job.

No comments:

Post a Comment